American Excelsior model 17. This is a 1000cc V-twin OHV from 1917 in first paint with dozens of original WWI attributes.
Moto is in good running condition. Engine and gearbox is completely overhauled.This model is the army version with the reinforced fork.With this bike are many additional parts that are all stamped or dated for 1917 -1918 such as:
- Leather rifle pocket
- Trench shovel with pouch
- Wooden butt of a Springfield rifle (original rifle and bayonet is not with the sale)
- Gas alarm siren
- Seine flags with original pocket
- Emblem of transportcompany in gold
- Silver compass in leather pouch
- Military whistle
- Drink canister with pouch
- Goblet with cutlery and bag
- Padlock US Army
- Holster revolver
- Gas mask
- Tin of ration food
- First aid kit (never opened)
- Hospital document from victim of scraping with date of surgery
- Letter to soldier sent back because person died
- Military photographs for home front (postcards)
- Pocket sized manual giving signals with flags
- Manual for soldiers in France
- Hymnbook for soldiers
- Diary for soldiers
- Report book for the front
- Manual for Springfield rifle
- Postcard booklet (12 pieces) of Kemelberg and Nieuwpoort during the war
- Newspaper for the soldiers published by 'The Stars and Stripes'
- Military map of the front in 1917 with adjustments noted on the map
- Military map of the various posts on the American side and the German side
- Silk handkerchief coloured by a friend in the USA and sent to a loved one at the front.
model 17 Military
Feel free to contact us for larger photos or more information.