After WWII the DKW factory (Zachopau) was located in East Germany. The factory changed its name to IFA (Industrieverband Fahrzeugbau). First the DKW model RT125 was made here, but in 1952/53 a new model was built with a special engine type. A two-stroke boxer with carts propulsion. This concept has never been made before and will never be used again. This first model was an IFA BK350 with 15 HP and exceptional performance. Ideal for sidecar use. In 1956 the factory was transformed into the MZ (Motorradwerke Zachopau) factory. The model gets some modifications and is from now on called MZ BK350 and has now not 15 but 17HP
. The model offered here is an MZ BK350 from 1956 and is not complete.
Feel free to contact us for larger photos or more information.